Monday, January 30, 2012

Leatt vs other neckbraces?

im wondering if the leatt allows more head movement and comforbility then the evs evo and the alpinestars. im looking for the the most protective and least restrictive brace. i already know costs so that doesnt matter.Leatt vs other neckbraces?
I have always been someone who has said that the leatt brace was great and to a certain extent it does the job, but having a pro rider son who mixes on a daily basis with other top riders I know most of them have turned away from either neck braces as a whole or if they do wear them they are not wearing the leatt. I still think the braces are a good idea but the Leatt was the for runner for the neck brace, but there has been too many instances and in our case they tend to be well known riders who are friends that have had very nasty impacts due to the high level they ride at, which have either lost the use of their legs or will never ride again due to the nature of their injuries. Unfortunately the Leatt could and I do say could, have had something to do with this. It may well have saved their lives but it tends to be designed with the impact focusing on just a couple of points of the body and the C7 seems to cop it. I know a number of the riders now are using the Omega Neck Brace as the design distributes the force over a larger area and does not focus it on just these couple of spots.

I also would not worry too much about feeling restricted with a neck brace as they are like a helmet, once you start using one, you feel wrong without it on.Leatt vs other neckbraces?
I have a leatt and it's my favorite. I felt that the evs was too bulky and I have never tried the alpinestars. I can say that most racers prefer the leatt and I almost never see anyone with anything other than that. It would be a good choice.
  • bikebandit
  • ruby tuesday menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment