Friday, January 27, 2012

What 1-piece suit is best for Sport Bike Racing?

I am just starting out and dont want to spend a whole lot of money on a suit but i also dont want to waste my money buying crap either. I looked at alpinestars a little bit but idk. Any suggestions?What 1-piece suit is best for Sport Bike Racing?
Halo Leathers are good. Made to measure but can be pricey depending on what you want. I think the T3 Racing Halo Leathers are good as they weren't damaged when my mate had a big crash on the way up to druids at Brands, and I reckon they are rather good looking leathers... I think all Halo leathers are. A lot of STK600 riders in the British Championship wear them... and those boys do beat each other up!



Alpinestars have survived a lot of crashes from my mates at racing so they are pretty good.



Dainese are good! The leathers I have now are Dainese replacing Hein%26amp;Gericke leathers I've had for a year after crashing at Mallory and having to be cut out of them... but it took a lot for them to cut into them and I only sustained a broken wrist despite having many more suspected broken bones so they did a good job and kept me in one piece. The Dainese ones I got from a friend who could only fit into Female leathers the season before! So I now have them. He had a couple of crashes last year. Both been at Brands 1st was at Paddock Hill which did a bit of damage around the knee but it'll still pass scrutineering. Then the 2nd at Clearways but no more damage... just a little bit stained from the gravel... never get white leathers as it has evidence of your crashes!



RST Leathers are another one I would recommend. Another Superteen crash at Paddock Hill (We have a habit of crashing there) He had a pretty big off at the BSB round. His leathers had a couple of scuffs and other than that nothing that's going to stop them been used again.



I hope this has helped :)What 1-piece suit is best for Sport Bike Racing?
your going to get what you pay for. the price reflects the quality of the leather, Cowhide or kangaroo.

the quality of the stitching along with the level of protection from foam pads to kevlar inserts.

the best advice would be to buy the best you can afford. its your protection you are buying.



another thing to consider is the fact that when you think you not going to get hurt you actually go faster.

im sure you wouldn't consider racing with a cheap crash helmet or gloves. and would never consider Boots without ankle protection. Talk to the people in the shop. its their job to know whats best for your needs. Racing suits are not always the same as standard road wear.



good luck with the racing. try not to ruin the suit.
  • used boats
  • national tire and battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment