Thursday, February 16, 2012

Are there any tricks for cb radio antennas?

I recently put a cb radio in my truck.

When me and a friend of mine tested it out he couldn't hear me and I could BARELY hear him. We were less than a mile away. Is there anything I can do to my antennas to fix my problem? Foil or anything like that?Are there any tricks for cb radio antennas?
You need to have the SWR set on the antenna. SWR stands for "Standing Wave Reflection" and relates to the amount of reflection your transmission gets off the body of the vehicle back into the antenna. You'll need an SWR meter, some CB's have them built in, to set the antenna. The procedures for setting it will vary depending on the type of antenna. Once you have an SWR meter, let me know what type of antenna you have and where it's mounted and I can explain further. If you get a seperate SWR meter not built into the radio you will also need a short 3 ft ant cable to connect it inline with the antenna cable at the back of the radio.

Continueing to use the CB or trying foil will result in damage to the CB so don't...until the SWR is set.
  • dmv hours
  • p411
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment