Thursday, February 16, 2012

I have just installed a CB radio into my little s-10 pickup and i get interference from my wind shield wippers?

I have just installed a CB radio into my little s-10 pickup and i get interference from my wind shield wippers and my heater fans. when i have those things on i get a lot of static and i have to turn the squelch way up to get rid of it. is it just that its picking up sound waves form these items, or is it something else and is there a way to fix it?I have just installed a CB radio into my little s-10 pickup and i get interference from my wind shield wippers?
got to your local Electronics store and buy a Noise filter to wire in that should fix it . However it may be as simple as you may need to move your ground wire on your cb radio.I have just installed a CB radio into my little s-10 pickup and i get interference from my wind shield wippers?
A noise filter put in line with the positive lead would be the first step. You could also wire your power leads directly to the battery. This technique is used to eliminate alternator whine and other power line interference. It also allows the CB to work independently of the ignition. If you do this, make sure you have fuses on both power (positive and negative) leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment