Thursday, February 16, 2012

What is a good CB radio for my car?

I am looking to purchase a decent CB radio for my car. I only want to spend about $100 all said and done, maybe a bit more. I have looked around and like Cobra a lot, but I'm not sure which model or what antenna to get with it.What is a good CB radio for my car?
ok, so you want a decent CB, believe it or not Cobra is probably one of the best CB's on the market for the price.



A Cobra 29LTD will run about $80usd, but you can find them at most truck stops across America. Once these are tweaked and peaked you can really get out and with the right antenna and kicker can talk across America, coast to coast. But it will cost you more than $100usd to get this type of setup, average is about $500usd properly set up. Give or take a little.



A Midland can be had at about $40usd and you can find them at any Wal-Mart or Radio Shack and are good for talking around town, especially if you get a good antenna and a small kicker.



Next is your antenna, a K-40 or Wilson are 2 of the better magnet mount, but if you really want to talk, a set of FireSticks or similar type will help out once you tune them to your radio.



Good luck and hope to hear you on the waves sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment