Monday, February 13, 2012

Should I hookup my car's CB radio with a cigarette lighter adapter or hard wire to battery or fuse?

Will either of these setups give me more power and are there any disadvantages or problems with hooking up my CB Radio to a cigarette lighter plug and using it that way?Should I hookup my car's CB radio with a cigarette lighter adapter or hard wire to battery or fuse?
Actually, it could make a difference in noise interference. It is always advisable to run power directly to the battery, if possible. Also, if your radio is peaked up at all it should perform better with a direct power connection than what a cigarette lighter will be able to provide. While both will provide approx. 12 volts, the amperage will vary between what the cigarette lighter will be able to carry and what you can get directly from the battery, therefore impeding the performance output of the radio.Should I hookup my car's CB radio with a cigarette lighter adapter or hard wire to battery or fuse?
unless your CB has been tricked for high power, it should work just fine in the lighter. that is how my is, and that allows it to be easily used in either of my cars. many cars have the lighter work with the key so that it will shut off the radio when the engine is off. for this reason, going to the fuse box is better than battery direct, if you pick a fuse terminal that has power from the key (such as the radio circuit).Should I hookup my car's CB radio with a cigarette lighter adapter or hard wire to battery or fuse?
It shouldn't. No real reason it should. Only disadvantage is you could leave it on and drain the barttery
  • traffic school
  • kbb used car value
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment