Monday, February 20, 2012

Do I need to purchase an antenna along with a car cb radio?

I am looking to buy a car cb radio and I wasn't sure if I needed to buy an antenna with it in order for it to work.Do I need to purchase an antenna along with a car cb radio?
let me answer your question with a question, can a radio work without some kind of antenna?



so yes you need an antenna, and in case you were wondering you need a coax cable going from the antenna to the CB lolDo I need to purchase an antenna along with a car cb radio?
you really dont need it just get an deck that plays radio stations hope this helps you out:PDo I need to purchase an antenna along with a car cb radio?
For a CB radio to work, you need a CB antenna to go along with it. The antenna also needs to be turned to work properly. This requires the use of an SWR (sanding wave ratio) meter that will work for CB frequencies (approx. 26 - 27 MHz). Some shops that sell CB antennas will do this. Some auto shops too.



There are a number of different kinds of antennas. 102" whips work the best, but they are the most unwieldy. Center and base loaded antennas are more common. They can come has roof, gutter or trunk or mag-mount configurations. Some have a more or less permanent base and an easy twist off antenna portion (like K40 antennas).
  • flyff
  • car battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment