Thursday, February 16, 2012

What can happen to me if I am caught with a modded CB radio putting out 20 watts?

The CB radio is going to be mounted in my car.What can happen to me if I am caught with a modded CB radio putting out 20 watts?
Nothing, the FCC doesnt enforce it anymore. Go have fun.



But DONT go below 26 MHZ or ABOVE 27.900 or the hams will come knocking.



As far as power goes, unless your running about 20000 you wont raise any eyebrows.



If your paranoid, get LOW PASS TVI FILTER from Paradynamics, off of ebay or Copper electronics.



It will keep your radio from interfering with TV's and such.

(Think condom for your radio)

It will not degrade your performance.



Ok, you can pick me as best answer now. LOL



73

...a hamWhat can happen to me if I am caught with a modded CB radio putting out 20 watts?
That's an FCC violation, not a Police problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment